Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Green Eggs and Hamlet

a) Hamlet... hmm I am aware that Shakespeare is the author and there is a lot of unexpected deaths and backstabbing oh and the famous quote, "To be or not to be." And yeah that's about it.
b) I don't really know that much about William Shakespeare as a person but as an author I know he wrote a lot of classics and liked to use iambic pentameter in his plays. My lack of knowledge is starting to embarrass me.
c) Many students involuntarily frown when they hear Shakespeare because the way that the material is presented makes the reading process much more difficult. The iambic pentameter has a weird flow that we aren't quite used to and the old language and unfamiliar vocabulary makes me want to throw my hands up in the air and give up. The stories themselves are extremely intriguing, but the difficult reading process soaks up the fun in examining them.
d) Studying this play would be an amazing experience if we got to act out some parts and talk about the scenes in class. It would make the process a lot more personalized and being a visual learner, a lot easier to comprehend and retain as a weapon for battle against the AP exam and any other future courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment