Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Character Study I

It was time. My car was completely packed with all of my belongings I needed to furnish my dorm and get through my first semester in college. After much decision I chose to attend San Diego State University with my good friend, Nicole Meyer. We always got along and had been friends since elementary school so I was excited to start this journey with a familiar face. We carpooled down there and sang our hearts out at every song we knew. As we arrived, I soaked up the sun just while walking through the beautiful campus and couldn't wait to enjoy the warmth nearly everyday. The next morning I was surprised by a small person jumping on top of me and playfully punching me. I was initially irritated because I love sleep but when I saw who it was I was completely alright with it. Nicole had contacted Sierra the day before to arrange this surprise and I couldn't have been any happier. When I first began looking at colleges I looked at them with Sierra because both of our majors were similar and some colleges offered both. It was heartbreaking that San Diego couldn't accommodate Sierra but she didn't tell me that she would be attending Point Loma close by. She actually fooled me the entire time by telling me the common apps was such a tedious process that she wasn't even going to bother applying. It was a tough decision choosing San Diego because I really missed being with all five sassy feet of Sierra everyday, but now I realized we could visit each other quite often. Sierra had actually surprised me so much that we decided to do the same exact thing to Hannah at UCSD. After Sierra, Nicole, and I ate breakfast we called Hannah's mom to get all the information we needed to recreate the scene. The next day was just as amazing and fun when her face lit up as she saw us laughing and smiling. It was a great reunion and we decided to celebrate with a sushi lunch date. After reconnecting with all of my friends and realizing that they were close by, I decided that college was definitely something that I didn't have to tackle all by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment