Monday, August 18, 2014

Reflections on Week 1

1. Of course my friends and family will affect my participation in this class as it is my senior year and last year with them. I won't totally disregard my work for this course, but some quality might be sacrificed if emergencies come up because I want to be able to help them as much as possible. I also have a fairly old Droid and it likes to do this cute little thing where it will shut off on me randomly and lose all of my work, but that's if I'm lucky and it lasts longer than its one hour full battery life.
2. For the first couple of weeks in Honors English sophomore year, Mrs. Byrne assigned vocabulary words to each of her students and they were required to make a video illustrating their understanding of the word. I am a visual learner, so absorbing these words was a particular sinecure for me, especially the comical videos. I remember watching the videos at home on my laptop and then associating my classmates with the words they were assigned and their video, making it very easy for me to do exceptionally well on the vocab tests.
3. I am most concerned about not having enough time to do the quality work that this course deserves because of other classes, work, sports, college applications, and not to mention any other factors concerning family members and friends. However, I am most excited to be intellectually challenged once again. I enjoy those topics and quotes that make you look at everything from a totally various perspective and think "Woah, how could I be so ignorant?" I look forward to actually learning about novels that I enjoy and expanding my vocabulary (yes I'm serious and just that nerdy) or just learning anything in general because last year was a bit of a break from English for the majority of us. Another thing is that I am intrigued to learn about things that will help us out in the real world; this is not your typical AP English Literature and Composition course, it is a course that will enrich our lives. It's exciting that school will finally teach us more than the required curriculum and standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment