Monday, March 23, 2015

SEEKING MENTOR

When selecting a mentor, I have a lot of questions because it could be a potential lifetime friendship. I would ask them what kind of connections they had and the amount of experience they had in their area of expertise. It would also be important if they were successful, but have a great personality as well. I would want someone who is caring and invested in my professional growth, but able to give me criticism or a pat on the back when the time comes. I want them to be able to tell me the truth and share a similar value system in both leadership and management. It would be great if they were in the same business area as well as creative, honest, empathetic, and authentic. Business people are very intimidating to me, so approaching one and asking this type of favor and these types of questions kind of scares me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment