Friday, January 23, 2015

Today's Lecture

-when Dickens wrote, his neighbors frequently called the cops because he would start talking in the voices of his characters (yelling, screaming, jump on top of a piano, etc.) 
-creative genius looks nuts to people who don't have it
-Jim Morrison: "I'm just taking notes at this great concert inside my head." on how people ask him how he writes his great poetry
-most artists have internal visions that guide them in their creative processes
-AP analysis usually not what the authors intended 

Masterpiece Conversations
-"What do I need?" 
•how much time for the purpose
•what opportunities do I need
•who do I need to meet?
•resources: materials, people,money, etc.
•space: dedicated work space? 
-"What do I want?"
•to make social impact?
•master something always been curious about?
•something that will benefit your future goals?
•need to make it personally relevant, not what Preston wants, so that it really is our masterpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment